Project: Passive Duplex – Back
Contractor: Geography Contracting
Brother and Sister took the initiative to upgrade Grandma’s single-family home into a duplex to provide a comfortable living environment for their growing families.
Both siblings; young professionals with new babies, needed a space that was durable and low maintenance within their budget. With an open-concept plan, they now have the perfect living environment to fit their casual lifestyle without adding more clutter. This also allows them to entertain friends and family without having to worry about storage and accessibility.
Working with their expert team, they crafted precise remodeling plans to acquire Passive-House EnerPHit-Plus certification for their residence.
- – A combination of white upper cabinets & wood-toned base cabinets looks amazing in the kitchen. Adding underlit shelves provides a sense of style and is perfect for showing off your collectibles.
- – Marble quartz countertops are used and are extended to the hood fan cabinet as and backsplash areas.
- – A built-in refrigerator gives an unbroken look of cabinetry with minimal stainless steel.
- The island provides a comfortable spot for casual dining and entertaining while extending storage and countertop surface.
- – The area under the stairs serves dual purposes – when open, it contains laundry & storage, when closed, it looks quite attractive due to the millwork.
- – A fireplace can be a great way to define the living area of your home. The storage bench below provides extra seating and conceals the steam unit. Bi-folding patio doors then extend this space to your outdoor area, giving you even more room to relax and enjoy.
- – We made sure to maximize storage space in every way possible. The bedrooms have custom millwork closets, the bathrooms have wall-to-wall medicine cabinets and the flex room is equipped with a handy U-shaped desk and storage.